La Sultana – or: A hotel like from 1001 Night. Away from the hustle and bustle of the medina of Marrakech, the La Sultana is a palace-like, stately hotel with a unique flair. Are you planning a trip to Marrakech? In this blog article we will show you exactly what awaits you at La Sultana.
1. La Sultana: An oasis in the heart of the Medina Marrakech. The name of this city alone makes us jittery. There, where narrow streets become even narrower and acrid smells even more intense. There, where fully loaded donkeys make their way through the medina and you have to be careful where you step. This is Marrakech.
Away from all the hustle and bustle that can be so merciless, there are quiet oases of refuge. Oases that you would hardly expect behind the walls. One of these oases is La Sultana Marrakech. The reception alone gives an idea of the big things. We are taken to a separate room for check-in. “It will be more comfortable for you.” We taste our way through the Moroccan chocolates that are offered to us and sip delicious mint tea. We’re staying here.
Until our room is ready, we’re given a tour of the house – although the word “house” doesn’t do the hotel justice. Let’s leave it at “property”. We are guided through the inner courtyards – each one more beautiful than the other.
Our path ends on the roof terrace. We marvel at the snow-capped peaks of the Atlas Mountains in the distance. While the sun is shining on our faces and we are taking in the impressions, the General Manager comes by and welcomes us. Now we finally feel a bit out of place in Converse, jeans and a t-shirt.
2. Rooms at La Sultana Only 28 The hotel has rooms , but over 100 Employee. In our room – it bears the evocative name Rhinocéros – a little welcome awaits us. We fall on the bed and would prefer not to get up at all, it’s so comfortable.
The rooms are all very dignified and stately furnished. You feel a bit like in a palace. If you could criticize something, it would be the ground floor location of some rooms, because that means little light enters the room. Nevertheless: It is really very comfortable to spend the night here.
3. Spa/Hamam: A dream of 1001 night After a strenuous sightseeing tour of the city, we spend the evening comfortably in the in-house spa. It is small and manageable, but wonderfully oriental and pleasantly warm. The pool area in the spa is in a class of its own, one of the hotel’s most well-known photo opportunities – rightly so, in our opinion. A dream from 1001 night!
4. Breakfast at La Sultana The best is yet to come: breakfast. Because that’s what we like to celebrate when we travel. And what shall we say? We were not disappointed. While we are enjoying the fine buffet , the employees are already waiting to take our plates to carry them to our table for us. Crazy, isn’t it?
If you’re looking for the best cheese in Marrakech, you’ll find it here. Neither before nor since have we ever eaten such good cheese in Morocco. It is best enjoyed while reading the news from around the world in the personalized morning mail. (Putting it that way, it seems a little surreal to us that this actually happened.)
Breakfast is served either by the pool or on the lovely rooftop terrace, depending on the weather. There is hardly a better way to start the day!
5. Our conclusion Would you like to treat yourself to a little luxury? Are you willing to spend a little more money for this? Then we can highly recommend the hotel. La Sultana is stunningly beautifully designed. You feel a bit like in a fairy tale. The location is excellent: very central and yet quiet – a oasis away from the hustle and bustle of the medina. All in all: A fantastic hotel that you will remember for a very long time.
Here you can book the hotel: La Sultana Marrakech
Transparency: Invitation & Affiliate Links We were invited by La Sultana Marrakech for one night – thank you very much! This blog article contains our personal recommendations in the form of so-called affiliate links. If you book or buy something through the links, we will receive a small commission. For you, this does not change the price at all. A thousand thanks from both of us!
Have you ever been to Marrakech? Do you have another hotel tip? We look forward to your comments with your additional tips!