So, I’ve been nominated for my first blogging award – the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is an online award given by fellow bloggers to new bloggers to help spread the word about their travel blog!
As a new kid on the block, it’s always an amazing feeling knowing that there are people out there who are actually reading and enjoying my blog! A big thank you goes out to Olivia from Olivia Explores for the nomination!
Olivia is a blogger living in London, who is obsessed with all things travel – make sure you check out her blog! (Also, sorry that this post is so long overdue Olivia!)
Here are the Liebster Award rules:
– Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
– Answer the eleven questions they ask you.
– Nominate other bloggers with less than 1000 (or 500 depending in the rules you read).
– Ask those bloggers eleven questions.
– Let the bloggers know they’ve been nominated so they can continue the chain.
So here are my answers to Olivia’s questions:
1. Asia, Africa, South and Central America, North America, Europe, Australasia, you can only travel one. Where do you go?
Only one?! That’s a hard one. I guess I’d have to go with the one that I’ve never been before – Africa! But if I were to go by places that I love and still have so much more exploring to do, I’d definitely be heading back to Europe!
2. When did you catch ‘the travel bug’?
I was very lucky to grow up in a family who love to travel and explore as much as I do. For as long as I can remember my parents have been taking my family on little holidays, whether it be just up along the East Coast to Merimbula or the Gold Coast, or on longer international trips. It’s safe to say that I caught the travel bug at a very young age, and haven’t been able to control my itchy feet ever since!
3. Are there any countries you want to visit but are too afraid to?
There are many countries that I would love to visit but I’m quite afraid to. Mostly I’m scared to travel to certain countries because of the conflict within them that make them unsafe to travel to, as well as a few places where it’s not particularly safe for women to travel alone.
4. Do you have a favourite city?
I have many! But like many others, New York is always a standout to me! I swear every time I visit the big city, I fall more in love with it each and every time! [I know, boring standard answer]
5. What is the thing you least like about travelling?
Is it weird to say that the thing I like least about travelling is…travelling? I really dislike travel days – having to lug my bags around, try to find my way to the airport or bus station, being cramped up in a small amount of space for a long period of time…..it’s not fun!!
6. Do you think you will ‘end up’ in your home country? If not, where will you call home?
To be honest, I think I will end up in my home country Australia, but I’d love to live in a few other countries first before I settle down.
7. What is the best thing you’ve ever eaten abroad? What was the worst?
Oh, I’ve eaten so many amazing things on my travels abroad. Actually, one of the more recent meals that I really enjoyed was in Mexico a couple of weeks ago! It was a Chocolate Chilli Pork dish. Weird I know, but it was actually so delicious!
My least favourite would have been this meal I got in Thailand years ago. Oh, the horrible food poisoning that came with it knocked me out for days. Never again.
8. Hippy beach town or sleek metropolis?
I’d probably have to go with hippy beach town. It’s nice to sit back and relax every once in a while!
9. Have you ever experienced serious culture shock?
I wouldn’t say that I’ve ever experienced any really serious culture shock. The most recent culture shock I experienced was in Peru – it was just so different to any other country I’ve ever visited before!
10. Which travel blogs inspire you?
Sooo many! One of the main travel blogs/bloggers who inspired me not only to step outside of my comfort zone and travel more, but to start my own travel blog was Alex from Alex In Wanderland. I follow her blog religiously. Her posts are fantastic and honest – they make you feel like you’re just following your friend around the world rather than a person that you’ve never met before. In fact, parts of the trip I am currently on were inspired by her posts! Go check her out!
11. Which country are you most desperate to visit?
Currently one of the top countries on my bucket list is Iceland! After seeing my sisters photos from her recent holiday there, I am dying to go there even more! It looks so incredibly beautiful and I think it would be so surreal to visit in real life!
To keep the tradition going, I’d like to nominate these bloggers for their great work on their blogs. I thoroughly enjoy reading about their adventures and travel tips, so I hope you will too! Here’s to the continued success of each and every one of you! [Some of you may have over 1000 followers but I just really wanted to highlight your blogs to others!]
Nicola from Polkadot Passport
Kate from Kate Alana Abroad
Christina from Where Is She Exploring
Emma from Picnics & Passports
Dorothy from She Goes Wear
Britt from Britts Boarding Pass
Mikayla from Ticket To Wanderlust
Alexis from The Young, Broke Traveler
Angela from The Brunette Travels
Genevieve from The Wanderbug
My questions for you are:
- What’s your number one travel tip?
- What’s your most memorable experience from abroad?
- Where is a place that you love that is ‘off the beaten track’?
- I could not travel without….?
- Do you collect anything from your travels around the world?
- What’s the worst things that’s ever happened to you abroad?
- What inspires you to travel the most?
- When did you catch the travel bug?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Do you speak any other languages? If not, which language would you like to learn?
- What’s on the top of your bucket list right now?